4/04/2008

Krabi, Thailand - a short stop-over on the way to paradise

by ElizabethR

Hotels2thailand.com

Day 22-March 27th: I wrote in my last entry about our arrival into Krabi. I was up at 9 AM the next day, as per usual, and wanted to check out the place.
I went for a walk at 10 AM-ish and got info on the ferry to Ko Phi Phi and where the beaches are in Krabi, since the town was not very interesting.
I went to the bungalow to get Jessie and we took the local taxi/bus/songthaew service to Ao Nang, a beautiful stretch of beach on the coast. It was very scenic/picturesque along the way and once we got there.

We had about 15 minutes and then had to head back to Krabi to catch the ferry to Ko Phi Phi. If we had more time, I would've stayed in Ao Nang for the day/night. But Ko Phi Phi was calling us! We were on the 3 PM ferry to Ko Phi Phi and ready for more beautiful beaches. It was a scenic ride to the island.
Jessie and I are still traveling together, so we shared a room at Ban Thai Guesthouse for 600 baht/night, a good price for this tropical paradise. More news on Ko Phi Phi in my next entry....